Cross-Country Road Trip
Growing up in an era when flying is cheaper, safer, and easier than alternative transportation methods, I've never before had the occasion or opportunity to partake in a cross-country road trip. This means that at less than a year old you've joined in something I've missed out on for twenty-seven years.
It's been epic:
- San Diego, CA: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 - Sat, 26 Oct 2013 — A day spent with your Uncle Dave and Aunt Sarah at the Zoo, Cabrillo, Sunset Cliffs, and Hodad's, followed by a date with Erin, Elise, and your first highchair.
- Sierra Vista, AZ: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 - Mon, 28 Oct 2013 — After a brief stop and a geology lesson (from a Mesa and Miramar field trip!) at Desert Tower, we spent the first of many late nights in a hotel after long days of travel. Sunday we checked out scenic and special Bisbee with Tori.
- Van Horn, TX: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 - Tues, 29 Oct 2013 — Quick stop in a hiatus of civilization in the middle of Nowhere.
- San Marcos, TX: Tues, 29 Oct 2013 - Wed, 30 Oct 2013 — An equally quick stop at a lovely resort. We discovered a great little restaurant, the Silver Sage Grille, and had another Top Five Eating Experience, even if your mother couldn't finish her meal. You charmed everyone around, as always.
- Houston, TX: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 - Sat, 2 Nov 2013 — Three days (just ask Owen) spent resting with and meeting loving family and friends.
- Mobile, AL: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 - Sun, 3 Nov 2013 — Another quick sleep and an obligatory pair of stops for cajun and barbeque. Your parents know how to eat.
- Greenwood, SC: Sun, 3 2013 - Mon, 4 Nov 2013 — You and your father's first time meeting Kim & Jake as husband and wife. After indulging in southern hospitality (and sushi), their fantastic home made for a fantastic night spent with a fantastic couple.
- Chambersburg, PA: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 - ? — Our next attempt at home, this time in Central PA.
4th of November, 2013